Why choose yoga?
The advantages of yoga are endless. You can start with yoga to become more flexible and stronger. Also, you will experience a deeper sleep and a better concentration at work. Yoga can be practiced by everyone, regardless age, sex or physical condition. As soon as you start to practice yoga you will notice some of the changes mentioned below.
- Stress reduction: Yoga limits the physical influence of stress on the body. Other advantages are lowering blood pressure, better digestion and immunity. In addition symptoms such as anxiety, depression, tiredness and sleep retrieval can be relieved.
- Pain reduction: Studies have indicated the effect of yoga and mindfulness on pain reduction. Physical as well as mental pain. In addition yoga can have a positive effect on neck and back pain.
- Improved Breath: Yoga will teach you to be aware of the breath and it will induce relaxation.
- Flexibility: Yoga can improve flexibility of the body. Muscles, ligaments and tendons will be lengthened by doing the different yoga poses and being aware of the breath.
- Increased strength: Each muscles will be used during the yoga class. The body strength will increase from head to toe.
- Losing weight: Yoga can have influence on your weight. Besides burning calories and stress reduction, yoga also stimulates healthy food patterns. In addition it will increase self confidence and physical well-being.
- Improved blood circulation: Yoga improves the functioning of the blood circulation. As a result of the different yoga poses the oxygen-rich blood can better reach the cells of the body.
- Cardiovascular training:Even very light yoga exercises have cardiovascular benefits. They increase stamina and improve oxygen absorption.
- Awareness of the present moment: Yoga helps to focus on the present moment. This improves the balance between body and mind. Also the concentration can improve.
- Inner calm and peacefulness: Due to the meditative aspect of yoga, inner peace is developed.